Monday, April 8, 2013

Thunderstorm - Final Constructed Images


       For this project I decided my best option to find a place that conveys thunderstorms would be Seaside Heights, NJ, where Hurricane Sandy did the most damage. I had to sneak onto the "boardwalk" past police tape in order to capture this image. Where I am standing is where the boardwalk used to be and as you can see to the left of the image, that roller coaster used to also be elevated on a boardwalk. I adjusted the contrast of the image to darken it and make for a more eery feel. I used the cloud pen template that we downloaded to put a little blue sky as I felt it played with the feeling of the image. Next I inserted the two textures, one of some tree and leaf rubble, similar to that you would find beneath a tree after a storm, on the side of the buildings awning. My other texture is that of Angelica Creek and is located on the back of the building. The objects I used were the fire hydrant and the cones as I found road cones were set up all over the streets after the hurricane in order to insure stability and safety.

      Similar to the previous, this image was also captured at Seaside Heights, NJ. The boardwalk used to reach the level of the sliding doors on the left but was destroyed by the hurricane. I really found it cool how the force of the ocean waves had pushed the sliding doors off of their tracks and it really gave a sense of reality to the image. I inserted the trash can and the "are under video surveillance" sign as they both accurately reflect the aftermath of a thunderstorm. Much to my chagrin, but to suit the professors wishes, I placed my textures in the most abstract way I could think of, by putting three random textures next to each other in replace of a boarded up window. For the colors I changed the color of an awning in the distance and also changed a cardboard box to a rain blue color.

No comments:

Post a Comment