Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thunderstorm Mood Board


Thunderstorms

Mood board Part I: Research

1. rain, wet, glass, umbrella, coffee shop, loud, wind, storm
    Definition: thun | der | storm
                   noun
                   A storm with thunder and lightning and  typically also heavy rain or hail.



Mood board Part II: Visuals

1. Places Visuals: 






2. Textures Visuals:









3. Objects Visuals:






Mood board Part III: Color

1.                    
      

Mood board Part IV: Execution

1.   Places:      For the places assignment I plan to travel to Seaside Heights, NJ, where Hurricane Sandy had arguably the biggest impact. From what I have seen the boardwalk is completely trashed and would make for a good, bare and deserted image. Also, I heard from some friends that the police patrol the area and it is roped off so that you cannot access the "boardwalk" so I plan to find a way around that so I can still capture my image.

2.   Textures:    For the textures I plan to capture things that have been wet from the rain such as a puddle on the sidewalk. I'm having a hard time picturing what other textures resemble thunderstorms but i'm thinking that clouds, rain drops and wet leaves will work.

3.   Objects:    I plan to place thunderstorm related objects scattered throughout my two images at random places in order to incorporate the whole chaotic scene that is created with the destroyed Jersey Shore boardwalk. I feel as if road cones, umbrella's, various debris and the like will work well. These images can be captured down at Angelica Park and perhaps in town on a rainy, overcast day.

Mood board Part V: Bringing it Together


No comments:

Post a Comment